Saturday 18 January 2020

How to bowl The Flipper - cricket

Update Jan 2020

G'day! I'll quickly mention the fact that this blog is endorsed by Stuart MacGill. Stuart's been a supporter of my endeavors for a few years now. Anyway that aside, it seems the majority of my followers are Australian and Indian, my fellow Brits seem to be missing a trick, so I'll keep in mind my audience. I've got a load of blogs including a massive one that I no longer update and one or two that I still update. The one that I work on at the moment is this one...

Click on the image to go to the blog.

I've been bowling wrist spin for a long while now - bowling Leg Breaks primarily and experimenting with most of the variations over the same period, but because of my age I've had to change the way I bowl and last season having basically dropped from my team I had to make changes and the change I made was that I decided to bowl almost exclusively Flippers off of a much longer run up. Which is odd because as I'm reaching 60 I'm bowling in a way that exerts more stresses on the body rather than less, but I kind of go along with the mantra if you don't use it you'll lose it when it comes to physical activities.

Anyway, because of my age and the fact that I do have slight knee problems with my knee from BFC (Back foot contact) when coming out of my bound and landing as I go into my follow through, I'm expecting this may be my last season of playing, so I may start writing about my bowling in this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment